Spring break this year was planned with a trip that I found as a "good deal" but as always we spent more than we wanted to. We got a real cheap 5 day cruise in the Bahamas. We went to the ports of Freeport on Grand Bahaman Island, then on to Nassau, then on to Norwegian Cruise line's private island called Great Stirrup Cay. We got a reasonable flight but that meant we had to go to Ft. Lauderdale Florida early and stay an extra day on the back end. We planned a scuba diving trip in Key Largo and an Everglades tour while we were in Miami. We had a great dive and I felt the most calm that I have ever felt. Unfortunately, when I surfaced the 2nd time I made the mistake of blowing my ears to get them to clear and ended up bursting my left ear drum and breaking blood vessels in my right. That meant the rest of the cruise, no more scuba diving, no swimming pools, no ocean, no wave running....shucks!! But Taylor and Karl had fun in the water. We had a great time, eating and playing and eating, and exploring and eating and more eating. (Here comes the diet!)
Friday, April 15, 2011
Spring Break in the Bahamas!
Spring break this year was planned with a trip that I found as a "good deal" but as always we spent more than we wanted to. We got a real cheap 5 day cruise in the Bahamas. We went to the ports of Freeport on Grand Bahaman Island, then on to Nassau, then on to Norwegian Cruise line's private island called Great Stirrup Cay. We got a reasonable flight but that meant we had to go to Ft. Lauderdale Florida early and stay an extra day on the back end. We planned a scuba diving trip in Key Largo and an Everglades tour while we were in Miami. We had a great dive and I felt the most calm that I have ever felt. Unfortunately, when I surfaced the 2nd time I made the mistake of blowing my ears to get them to clear and ended up bursting my left ear drum and breaking blood vessels in my right. That meant the rest of the cruise, no more scuba diving, no swimming pools, no ocean, no wave running....shucks!! But Taylor and Karl had fun in the water. We had a great time, eating and playing and eating, and exploring and eating and more eating. (Here comes the diet!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I LOVE the blog! Thanks for updating! We love to see what you guys are up to! Jealous of your fun trip though!!!!!
ReplyDeleteLooks like a fun trip!
ReplyDeleteThat looks SO awesome!!! SO JEALOUS!!!
ReplyDelete